Saturday, November 13, 2010

Project Complete!


This was a work in progress for a while. The idea was always in the back of our minds, since we moved in back in 2002. We wanted a window seat with built-in shelves on either side of it. We never painted the window wall in anticipation of our project. We got a deal on the floor and I thought it would be a good time to also do the built ins (since we were ripping out our carpet and putting in the new floor). Eric fashioned this up in his mind and built it from scratch. Big shelves to accommodate all of our trinkets with three drawers below for all of our unmentionables :) He finished it out with some crown molding and here you have it! I was going to make the cushion and curtains myself, but started to feel overwhelmed. I passed the buck and brought the material, pattern and cushion to the Amish store in Holton. She did a beautiful job with the curtains. I am happy with my choice to delegate it out because it is DONE. If it were in my hands, it would still be waiting to be touched (sitting in my basement craft room). I am super happy with the outcome! I am blogging while sitting on right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment