Monday, November 2, 2009

So what is with the fever?

So, Emme developed a fever on Friday night. Being resilient, I figured she would all but be done with it by Saturday, especially since that was trick-or-treating. I was wrong. She is not super ill by any standard, but what is with the fever anyhow? I was just preparing (in thought) to send her back tomorrow, but she spiked again tonight. She says she feels fine, "except for my scratchy voice and cough, mom". Oh well, I get to spend the day with my big girl. Eric and I did rock, paper, scissors to see who would stay home today and he won. It is only fair that I stay home tomorrow. I always feel guilty when I miss work, even if it is for family that needs me. Crazy, isn't it?

Bullies..
Greer had his first encounter with a bully on the bus today. My heart totally went out to him. Greer's nose met the window coutesy of another naughty little boy. Eric was signaled over by the bus driver at drop off. She explained the situation and assured Eric that she would take care of it. Eric said she was very adamant (my guess is this little guy is somewhat of a troublemaker and she is tired of his antics... this was probably the last straw for her). We are fine with however she takes care of the situation. Greer was not at all phased by the interaction. When asked, he said the boy was mean to everyone but because he (the boy) couldn't get first (or second, or third..) graders, he only was mean to the kindergartners. He had a great day at school and a wonderful time at swimming lessions this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment